Welcome to Whitman from the Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)! Our PTSA is a 501(c)(3) organization that supports Whitman’s students, families, and staff. We are here to make sure you have the opportunity to stay connected to your student’s middle school experience.
Many research studies have shown that when parents/guardians are involved in their child’s education, these students achieve more regardless of socio-economic status/ethnic background or even their own parent’s education level.
Middle school students begin to develop a sense of self and independence that is separate from their families, making parents and guardians unsure how much to be involved or how to be involved. We have many opportunities to help parents stay connected and aware.
- Sign up for the Whitman Newsletter – TEXT: WHITMAN to 42828 to receive weekly email.
- Attend a meeting – click here for a full calendar of meetings at Whitman. Click here to see meetings hosted by the PTSA.
- Become a member of the PTSA – learn more about membership and discounts here.
- Volunteer! Learn about opportunities on our Volunteer Page.
- Join the PTSA Whitman Facebook here www.facebook.com/WhitmanMiddleSchoolPTSA
- Join the “Unofficial” Whitman Facebook for parents of students enrolled at Whitman https://www.facebook.com/groups/1461231094166429
- Help with Fundraising and have some fun – click here to learn more, and get started by signing up for “passive fundraising” that channels donations from businesses in our community to Whitman.
- Join the PTSA Board or a Committee – view the opportunities here!
We are looking for PTSA volunteers for the 2021- 2022 school year. If you would like more information on a position listed below, please contact our President, Phillipa Dugaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open PTSA Position for 2021-22:
VP Volunteers Coordinator
Bulletin Board and Display Cases