Why Join the Whitman PTSA?
Please take this opportunity to join our group of motivated parents and teachers with one goal in mind—helping to create the best school experience possible for all Whitman students. Membership in the Whitman PTSA benefits your child, their school community, and you!
This is a critical year to support the events and activities that the PTSA organizes to inform, improve and inspire the academic and emotional journey of our students. In the first month of the 2020/2021 year, the PTSA partnered with school administration through PTSA Board meetings, weekly Whitman Community meetings, structured feedback forums and publications to keep families informed through the weekly Whitman Newsletter, email and Facebook.
This year requires the PTSA to be more attentive to a broader set of challenges and more attentive to a variety of needs affecting our school community. During a traditional in-person school year, annual events such as Day of Caring,new student orientation, theHall Parent program, theScience Fair, theAll School Potluck,student dances and theFunky Formal Fundraiser are on the list.
Modest fundraising activities are core to the PTSA support model. Learn more about Fundraising here. The money we raise provides library books and resources, technology improvements, classroom materials as well as the Curriculum Enrichment Fund (CEF) to help advance the SPS Continuous School Improvement Plan (C-SIP). PTSA funds raisedthis year will provide educational investments that benefit all grade and learning levels at WMS duringthis school year.
But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected . There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources , as the PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- PTSA functions provide opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Members can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Your Whitman PTSA membership dues also support National, State and Seattle area PTSAs—these organizations play a major role in legislating for our children.
Everyone – parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.Reprinted with permission from National PTSA.
Contact our temporary Membership Chair: Erika Goodmanson - email@example.com