Whitman Middle School Library
Where everyone is Welcome!
Shelly Sharp Macer,
If you are sick…Please use the hold system if you are home ill.
- Sign into Destiny Discover with your SPS username and password and then place holds.
- Send me an email notifying me that you have placed a hold.
- Pick up books in the main office.
Students who are on campus are no long placing holds.
Need book recommendations: email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitman MS Library FAQs
- Three weeks
- You may renew them once IF you are signed in to Destiny Discover
Return to the yellow bin with pawprints on it.
- Three book limit for the first two weeks
- Up to six at a time once everyone has come through the library
- When you bring back books, you can check out more books
Wildcats Read is a list of FANTASTIC books that we will highlight for the year.
Yes, every student has access to eBooks through Whitman and Seattle Public Library. I will help 6th graders signed up for eBooks. Students use Library Link or their personal library cards to access SPL eBooks. Click on the Library Link hyperlink below.
Books, Reading Websites and BookTalks
If you liked this, then read these…
If you liked this, then read these. Book recommendations based on popular novels.
Check out these book recommendations to keep you busy and change the world.
- Racial Equity Book List PP
- Make it! Bake it! Create it!
- Engineers Unite!
- Social Justice,, Activism & Know your history.
- Coding & Technology
- Veteran’s Day Resources
Adult Book Recommendations
Are you an adult, parent, who needs book recommendations? Are you a student looking for a great present for the adults in your life? Check out these book recs that are paired with middle grade and teen books as well.
Adult Book Recommendations – May 2021
- eBook Instructions with visuals
- Watch this PP on finding and using eBooks at Whitman.
- Whitman Library Destiny Discover Catalog
- Online Resources
- Library Link for SPS Students
- Library Link for SPS Staff
- How to Access Hoopla for graphic novels, comics and streaming
First Chapter Friday Videos
Please log into the Library Schoology page for First Chapter Friday videos.
Look for this Schoology page. Contact Ms. Macer if you can’t find it.
Find great books by popping into any of these websites.
This is a huge list How Kids Lit is Responding
RH Author Lessons for some of our favorite books & authors (Nic Stone, etc.)
Need ideas based on themes and issues such as #MeToo, Immigration, Social Justice? View our Resource Lists and Copy Categories for titles and themes.
Free People Read Freely
- Banned Books Infographic
- Dear Banned Author Letter Writing Campaign
- Top Ten
- Pyramid of Reasons
- About Banned Books Week
- Frequently Challenged Books & Top Ten Banned Books by year
- Banned Books by the Number
- Books That Have Been Banned That Will Surprise You
- 50 Years of Intellectual Freedom