School Nurse

Whitman School Nurse

Darci Wiebke
Darci L. Wiebke, School Nurse

My name is Darci Wiebke. I am so excited to be here at Whitman in the role of school nurse. My job is to support your child’s health and wellbeing so they are ready to learn. The COVID-19 pandemic has made clear the importance of health and health safety.

Health and safety is our highest priority. With all the uncertainty surrounding this school year, I hope to be able to collaborate and support you as we navigate these challenging times. I look forward to speaking with you by phone or communicating with you by email. I am available weekdays via email or phone.

Please do not hesitate to email or call if you have any questions or concerns.

Nurse News

Donations Appreciated

The WMS Nurse would love some donations for the following items to keep in her office:

  • Girls leggings (small, medium, large)
  • Boys sweatpants (small, medium, large)

SPS Flu and COVID Resources

Vaccination and boosters are the best protection from COVID-19. These booster clinics are conducted by Safeway Pharmacy and Seattle Visiting Nurse Association. You can find the SPS locations below. Students may also access COVID-19 vaccines through School-based Health Centers.

SPS Guidance on Covid-19 Self Reporting

If your child tests positive for COVID-19 please alert the school’s front office of your absence and complete the CIC Health Self Reporting form.

COVID Vaccination and Boosters

Vaccination and boosters are the best protection against COVID-19, and now everyone 5 and older is eligible for both. Reminder! Keep your student home if they have any COVID-19 symptoms and report to our school any confirmed cases. Review the DOH website for guidance.

COVID-19 Resources

District Updates

Prepare for Your Student’s Health at School

Washington state law requires that school staff and parents plan together for the safe care of their child throughout the school day.

Health Issues

Please report any health issue your child has that could impact safety and learning at school to the school nurse. You can contact the nurse directly by phone or email.

Medication at School

If your child needs to take any type of medication during the school day, even if it’s temporary, a medication form must be completed by the child’s health care provider and signed by parent. Authorization for Medications Taken at School (multiple languages)

School health rooms do not keep medications on hand for general use. Medications must be supplied to the school by the parents/guardians for their student’s individual needs. All medications must be brought to school in their original container/box with prescription label attached (if it’s a prescription medication) in order to be administered.

Medical Treatments at School

If your child needs a treatment at school, such as: G-tube feeding, insulin calculation, clean urinary catheterization, suctioning, nebulizer, dressing change, and others please have the health care provider complete the treatment form. Authorization for Treatments and Procedures to be Performed at School

School-Based Health Centers (SBHC)

Students have access to additional health services through the school-based health center located at this or a nearby school.

Please have parent/guardian and/or student (if accessing services that do not need parent consent) call the clinic to schedule an appointment before student goes to the clinic.

Please schedule an appointment in advance especially if student does not attend the school of the school based health center. The SBHC may not have the capacity (panel may be full) or due to other limitations may not be able to serve students who are not from the school.

Services are available to all students, regardless of their ability to pay. Your insurance may be billed and this program is also supported by the Seattle Families, Education, Preschool, and Promise Plan.

Services include immunizations, sports physicals, prescriptions, reproductive healthcare, mental health counseling, lab tests, and nutrition counseling.

Families must enroll their student to receive most services. Students can enroll themselves for confidential health services.

When to Keep Your Student Home

COVID-19 When to Keep your SPS Student Home – COVID-like symptoms take priority over symptoms from “Is My Child Too Sick to Go to School?” guidelines

Is My Child Too Sick to Go to School? (English)

Additional Resources