Student / Family Advocate
Information for Families
We would like your child to have a good start at Whitman Middle School!
Families provide many things to help their children be successful students. Strong families make Strong schools. Here at Whitman we strive to be a wholehearted and anti-racist school. We would like to assure you that we are committed to making all our students feel brave, supported, and heard. We are also unapologetically prioritizing our students and families furthest from educational justice. We want to ensure that families feel the same support, and they too, can feel brave, safe, and supported when asking question or gathering information about their student’s experience with school. Our promise to you is that we will continue working to make sure all students have the necessary tools to succeed in school.
Here are some ways the school supports students/families:
- National Lunch Program – students who qualify can eat breakfast and lunch at no cost
- Weekend Food – students are provided weekend meals throughout the school year
- Winter Wishes – provide students with holiday/winter support
- ASB Support – get students involved and provide support for ASB activities/events
- Home Support – support families with essential household/toiletry items
- School Supplies – support students with school supplies throughout the year
- School Sports Support – support students with clothing and equipment for school teams
- Eye exam and Eyeglasses – support families with this process (Partnership with Nurse)
- Sports Physical – support families with getting sports physicals (Partnership with Nurse)
- Summer Camp – support families with camp scholarships provided by Assistance League of Seattle
If you have the resources to support others in the Whitman community, here are some ways to help:
- Donate new school supplies and toiletries by dropping them off with Mr. Hernandez
- Donate funds to PTSA for family support
If you need further information regarding available services, please contact Kevin Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org, Or call him @ Office: 206-252-1202 Cell: 206-503-3379.
Technology Resource Center | Locations and Times
If you need help with:
- Laptop and SPS device support
- Hot spots support
- Support with remote learning software (e.g., Seesaw, Schoology) and other educational resources
- General technology resource information and support
- Language help for remote learning tools
- Additional English language instructional support
Call: 206-252-0100 before heading to the Tech site.
Nathan Hale High School
10750 30th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125
Entrance is on 110th street near the library. Parking is available on 110th.
Mondays and Wednesdays: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Closed for Lunch: 1:30 – 2:30pm