- This event has passed.
WMS PTSA Presents – One Love: Healthy Relationships
May 16 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Please join the PTSA on May 16 from 7-8 pm via Zoom for an important presentation and Q&A from One Love on Healthy Relationships, with a special section at the end for LGBTQ+ relationships. 100% of us are in relationships, and we often forget that the skills we need to have healthy romantic relationships are learned early through our friendships. We will share several social emotional learning-infused resources we have for broaching these topics, as well strategies for having difficult conversations with your kids.
The One Love Foundation is a national leader in relationship health education. Join us to learn how you can continue the conversation at home and be part of the healthy relationships revolution! One Love is funded by donations, please see below to donate, or join their Seattle 5k Run/Walk on May 21, 2022.
We were introduced to One Love from the work they are doing right now at Ballard High School to train teachers. We were impressed with the curriculum and the relevance to the struggles our children are facing today both in friendships, and starting to explore or observe romantic relationships at their peer level. We plan to do more presentations and Q&A with families over the coming year and will record the presentations so parents can watch when it works for you. That said, don’t wait to watch these until your child has an issue. These topics are relevant and useful in friendships as well, and you laying the groundwork for healthy relationships truly can’t start early enough. We are finding that many of students’ mental health struggles, suicidal ideation or attempts, and drug use stems from relationship issues, harassment, abuse, or assault. Learning how to talk with your children in these areas is prevention.
May 16, 7-8 pm
Meeting ID: 845 8654 8032
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,84586548032#,,,,*572109# US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 845 8654 8032
A few specific details about the presentation:
- The presentation will be recorded and posted online for viewing at any time
- The Q&A section will be recorded, but any personally identifiable info from people asking questions will be edited out
- This presentation is targeted to parents, but is appropriate for students as well; WMS is working with OneLove to provide complementary presentations to students as well
- One Love is a non-profit that relies on donations to do its work – if you are interested in donating to support their efforts in this space, you can do so on their donation site.
- Or join One Love’s Seattle 5k run/walk “Move for Love Seattle presented by the Seattle Seahawks” on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at Lumen Field. Register and get more information at: https://moveforlove.rallybound.org/Static/move-for-love-seattle. There will be a huge finish line festival at Lumen Field as well for those who aren’t runners. Folks can form teams to sign up, or register as an individual. By participating, creating a team, or doing fundraising, you can help One Love raise $400,000 to educate every young person in the Pacific Northwest on the signs of healthy and unhealthy relationships.