Message from Principal Posten
We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow for the first day of school!
Please know your schedule BEFORE you arrive to school. We will have staff available to support students with schedules!
Please check our website for additional information @ https://whitmanms.seattleschools.org/
Bell Schedule: 2021 DRAFT Bell Schedule .pdf
- Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria starting at 8:30AM.
- If you are not eating breakfast on campus, please do not arrive more than 10 minutes early to school.
- All students must leave campus immediately after end of the school day.
The First Day of School: 2021 floor plan PDF.pdf
- 6th graders will enter through the main office entrance
- They will be greeted by WEB leaders and school staff!
- 7th and 8th graders will enter through the gym
- They will be greeted by school staff!
- We will have maps available.
- Students will be receiving a school laptop starting on Tuesday, September 7th.
- Paperwork will be sent home with students on the first day of school.
Schedules and Requests:
- We are still processing schedule change requests. We are not processing elective or teacher preferences at this time.
- If your student has an incorrect class on their schedule, we ask that they attend the class listed on their schedule until the changes are made.
- We are still overenrolled and welcoming new students every day. Once families have finalized decisions and we know who all will join us we will have to make additional schedule changes to ensure our classes are as small as possible.
- Scheduling can be a frustrating experience, THANK YOU for your patience.
- You may not receive an email once changes are made. We ask that you please monitor your students schedule through the source.
- If there are errors in support classes or math assignments please contact Cheryl Fraley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For incoming 6th graders- Students who completed ALL math 6 learning standards will be scheduled into 7th grade math. If students did not complete ALL 5th and 6th grade learning standards in the 5th grade, then they will be scheduled into math 6. We received many incorrect math assignments from our feeder elementary schools. We are working through those changes and will only schedule students into 7th grade math IF they have completed all math 5 and 6 standards.
We are recruiting student leaders to join our new Partner PE class!
Do you want to have a Health, Fitness, Social and Cultural impact at your school? Look at joining a Partner Physical Education class! It is a win/win situation for students with and without disabilities. In a Partner Physical Education class, the class is aligned to the general physical education curriculum and directed towards and planned for students with disabilities to meet their needs for the highest amount of participation and success. General education students are in the same class, taking on roles as partners, leaders, peer models, and have a perspective of inclusion and support. General education students are carefully selected and class sizes are restricted to 20-25 students including both student with and without disabilities.
If interested please complete the application by end of day Friday, September 3rd: https://forms.office.com/r/3ABczHKfsF
We will be making schedule changes for those who are selected for Partner PE starting next week.
- Lunch will be available for ALL students.
- The time and location of lunch is based on student’s third period teacher. Please see below to determine when your student will have lunch.
|3rd period Teacher||Lunch|